I’ve partnered with Huhtamaki Inc. for the Chinet® brand to create this post! Enjoy!
I can’t believe it is that festive time of year again—the time when the world lights up with sparkles and we have all the excuses to invite friends over for pomegranate mimosas!
Also, gingerbread bundt cakes, can we talk about that!? Can’t even wait for this season!
Something I love the most is putting together simple, gatherings or happy hours! To me there is no need to stress out about the holidays or having people over—because that defeats the point right!?
I also LOVE creating nibbles for people that appeal to everyone. Whenever I have people over, I don’t really deviate from my grain free eating habits, I just make yummy foods! All of these recipes are really simple, but full of flavors—dishes and nibbles you could put together in just a few minutes or even have people over for a last minute holiday happy hour!
Truthfully, I have never been the biggest fan of paper plates. Anyone that knows me, knows I would rather wash a million dishes than serve on paper, yes, I am total old school. But I got a box of these amazing clear plastic and very sturdy plates and cups and absolutely loved them! There really is nothing more annoying to me and trying to eat off a wobbly plate, but these Chinet® Cut Crystal® plates, cups and cutlery are simply fabulous plus simply simple so you can truly enjoy this season, festive eats and your friends rather than worrying about clean up.
Visit mychinet.com for more inspired ideas, DIYs, craft and recipes.
A Festive, Simple Grain-Free Holiday Happy Hour
- 1 bottle (32 oz) pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle champagne brut and/or 1 bottle sparkling mineral water
- ice cubes
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- Be sure your pomegranate juice, champagne and/or sparkling water is thoroughly chilled.
- Fill your glasses with half pomegranate juice and half champagne or sparkling water.
- Garnish with ice cubes, pomegranate arils and a sprig of rosemary if desired.
Roasted Rosemary Pecans
- 1/2 lb raw pecan halves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and arrange the baking rack to the middle position.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the pecans, olive oil, rosemary and salt.
- Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pecans start to turn brown, watching carefully as nuts can burn easily.
- Cool completely before nibbling.
Caprese Salad Lollipops
- 8 oz whole milk, mini mozzarella balls
- 1 pint baby tomatoes
- 20 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Celtic sea salt, dried oregano and fresh cracked black pepper, to garnish
- Drain the mozzarella of any and all water and place the mini cheese balls on a paper towel to dry them out before assembling.
- Place one mini mozzarella ball, then one baby tomato, then one basil leaf on the toothpick (I folded the basil leaf so it would fit more properly).
- Garnish with olive oil, sea salt, dried oregano and fresh cracked black pepper.
Prosciutto Wrapped Pears with Balsamic Glaze
- 2 d’anjou pears, slightly ripe yet slightly firm
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Celtic sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange the arugula on a serving tray and place the prosciutto wrapped pears on top.
- Garnish with chives, balsamic glaze, salt and pepper.
Mini Hasselback Pesto Potatoes
- 1 lbs mini potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil pesto
- garnish of parmesan cheese shavings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a smaller, sharp knife, make slits in the top 2/3s of the potatoes, without slicing through the entire potato.
- Place in a parchment paper lined baking dish and toss with the olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- As soon as the potatoes come out of the oven, toss with the pesto so that all potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- Use tongs to transfer to a serving plate, placing the area with the slits on the top.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese shavings.