With Christmas quickly approaching, I hope you have been in your kitchen doing some festive baking. If your anything like me, you probably have flour in your hair, honey on your phone case and it seems like the eggs disappear quicker than I can buy them! Did you all see my latest recipe for grain free gingerbread bundt cakes?! Its my absolute new favorite recipe and will make your kitchen smell magical!
I wanted to share a simple salad recipe with you all, full of flavors and colors. I don’t believe in eating salad just because it’s “healthy” because food should taste delicious no matter what! With only a handful of ingredients, this butter leaf salad is a simple side dish to prepare for a holiday party or just dinner at home. Butter leaf lettuce is very light and tender and the sweet and tart combination of fruit is delightful! Food during the holidays can get so complicated sometimes, that I thought I would share something simple. Don’t get me wrong we will be making lots of eggs Benedict and peppermint ice cream over the next few weeks!
Enjoy this Christmas season, remembering that Christmas is about family, about gathering and remembering the true reason for the season. If your table is not perfectly set or your cookies turn out a little too crispy, just turn up the tunes and turn on the twinkly lights! Eat. Drink & Be Merry!
Apple, Pomegranate Butterleaf Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
A simple, holiday side salad with bright red pomegranates and crisp, tart apples.
- 2 small heads of butter leaf lettuce
- 2 small apples, sliced
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Grainy Mustard Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- First, make the dressing by whisking together all ingredients.
- Next, deseed the pomegranate. Slice pomegranate in half and use your fingers to gently remove the seeds. Set seeds aside in a bowl.
- Assemble butter leaf lettuce leaves, sliced apples, pomegranates and toasted pecans in a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing.
- Toss together, plate and serve!
THis & That
- You can prepare the dressing ahead of time, then simply toss together when you are ready to serve.
- You may have leftover salad dressing.