You all, food blogging isn’t as glamorous as my Instagram may seem. I mean I don’t just sit around and take pretty photos all day, but I seriously wish I did (insert, someone famous please hire me to take pretty food photos!). Most often, there is some form of butter or grease everywhere, stains on my clothes and a tired back from cleaning endless pots and pans. But it’s fun and I get to share with you all—so thanks for supporting me!
To be honest, meals most days are something quite simple like this—but always completely delicious! It is pretty easy to make food tasty when you use good quality ingredients and glamorous when you add some pops of color and sprinkles of garnishes. So don’t let your daily meals be boring, because life is just too short!
Basil Pesto Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Crispy Chicken
- 1 2 1/2-3 lb spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup nut-free artichoke basil pesto or dairy-free basil pesto
- fresh basil & feta cheese to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Use the tip of a sharp knife to make several slits/holes in the spaghetti squash to allow air to escape. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Warm a large skillet to medium heat, drizzle the olive oil into the skillet. Sprinkle the salt, garlic and back pepper on both sides of the chicken. Sear the chicken, skin-side down for 4 minutes then transfer to a roasting dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Carefully slice the spaghetti squash open (I use oven mitts so I don’t burn myself), remove and discard the inner strings and seeds. Use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash into “noodles” and toss with the pesto.
- Plate a scoop of pasta with a chicken thigh, garnishing with fresh basil and feta crumbles if desired.