You want to know what is totally not awesome? Being hit with the flu…like BAMM out of no where…knocked out for days type of flu! Ugh…thankfully I am on the mend! Do you want to know what does make the flu awesome (besides crying hoping the pain goes away)? Puppy snuggles, Friends re-runs (thank goodness that show never gets old) and sweet potato fries! Some people like soup when they are sick, and I am the weird one who after three days of not eating wanted a burger and fries…bunless burger that is!
Ok enough about that, can we talk about this salad!!! I really have a crush on this salad. Like for reals, I want to eat it everyday and that says a lot from the girl who sometimes, ok most times, forgets to eat her veggies!
This salad pretty much is magic…or a dream come true, if a salad can be that! It’s perfect for summer or really any time, speaking from experience, this was dinner for like a week straight because I am obsessed!
Oh and it is so easy to make! You could even add some grilled chicken for a complete meal, serve it on the patio with a good bottle of wine or some sparkling lemonade and voila, your guests will be impressed!
Theres two secrets to making this salad fabulous. First, thick cut bacon and second, this super simple quick Paleo herbed ranch! I wanted to create a thick ranch dressing that could double as a dipping sauce, so I can foresee this in my refrigerator all summer long!
I am sorta obsessed with Primal Kitchen’s Paleo Mayonnaise—I have never been the biggest mayo fan, but this stuff is amazing! I use it all the time now to make quick dressings or an aioli for burgers on the run, because you all know I love burger bowls.
Good news…Thrive Market, one of my favorites for healthy, quick and oh so affordable online shopping, is giving YOU a free jar of this magical mayo with your membership! For those of you who don’t know about Thrive Market, it is sort of like Costco meets Amazon meets Whole Foods, and its amazing!
So go check them out, grab your FREE jar of avocado oil mayo and make this salad—I promise this salad will have all of you reaching for seconds on the vegetables 😉
BLT Chop Chop Salad with Quick Paleo Ranch Dressing
Quick Paleo Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen’s avocado oil mayo
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- few cracks fresh black pepper
*You can double the ranch dressing and use it as a dipping sauce as it is a thinker dressing.
BLT Wedge Salad
- 4-6 baby romaine lettuce heads (depending on size)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled (omit for dairy-free/Paleo)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Stir together all ingredients for the ranch dressing and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (make sure it is large enough as that helps it mix and not become soggy). Spoon in the appropriate amount of dressing.
- Toss together and serve.
- Store any remaining dressing in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.