It’s really all about the toppings right?! Vegetables are so much fun sometimes, especially when the flavors, colors and textures just burst with endless possibilities!
I absolutely love all the fall flavors, ok who am I kidding, I love all the flavors. I found pomegranates at the store the other day, which if you have ever lived in Hawaii, they are darn near impossible to find, so me and my pomegranate marched out of the store just the happiest!
I wanted to create a roasted squash recipe for you all, but just couldn’t decide on a flavor profile to go with—so I got creative and gave these little squash a shower of smoky chipotle butter. Oh my so good, plus then you top them with sweet crunchy pomegranates and crispy prosciutto so all is right in the vegetable world today.
These would make a fabulous addition to your Thanksgiving table for a unique combination of sweet and salty flavors that is just delightful! Gobble, gobble, gobble!
(Thank you Go Raw for sponsoring this post, all thoughts and opinions are uniquely my own!)
Chipotle Roasted Acorn Squash with Crispy Prosciutto and Pomegranates
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (I used Go Raw sprouted pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the squash in half, removing and discarding the inner seeds. Slice the squash into long wedges and place on one of the baking sheets
- In a small sauce pan, slowly melt together the butter, chipotle powder and sea salt. Use half of the melted chipotle butter to brush both sides of the squash, reserving the remaining butter for later.
- Roast the squash for 40 minutes, rotating half way through if possible.
- Tear the prosciutto into small pieces and place on the second parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Warm a sauté pan to medium heat and drizzle in the olive oil. Sauce the shallots until crispy.
- Assemble by layering the arugula, chipotle roasted squash, crispy shallots, prosciutto, pomegranates, pumpkin seeds and drizzle with the remaining chipotle butter.