Gluten-free and grain-free chorizo breakfast tacos topped with a creamy, slightly spicy chipotle Hollandaise sauce to satisfy your taco shop cravings made simply in the comforts of your own home.
It’s no lie that breakfast foods are the way to my heart, but Mexican breakfast foods on the slightly spicer side are forever the way to my heart!
Do you ever browse Instagram, yes yes I admit I probably waste too much time doing this, drooling over photos of breakfast tacos and eggs Benedict?! Words of advice, don’t do this at night or you will be forever hungry!
Well, I decided to combine three of my favorite breakfast foods eggs, chorizo and Hollandaise sauce to make the ultimate chorizo breakfast tacos. Clearly bacon is involved too!
Have you all tried Siete grain-free tortillas?! They are magic, legit magic! Worth every single penny if you don’t eat grains like me and very low-carb which I appreciate too! If you don’t have tortillas on hand, just make all the ingredients in a bowl and don’t forget to drizzle on the Hollandaise!
For the best flavor, I highly recommend making the chorizo sausage found on page 20 of my cookbook, All American Paleo Table. Keep in mind that most store bought sausages contain flour or starches, sugar and preservatives, so homemade is always the best option!
Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with Chipotle Hollandaise (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
- 8 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage (recipe on pg 20 of my cookbook)
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- fried eggs
- avocado, thinly sliced
- green onions, thinly sliced
- spicy red pepper, thinly sliced
Siete grain-free tortillas for serving or simply serve as a burrito bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and warm a skillet to medium heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place your bacon on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Add warm water to your blender, place the lid on top and set aside. In a small sauce pan, melt your butter. Discard the warm water, shaking to remove any excess water and add the egg yolks, lemon juice, chipotle powder and salt to a blender. Briefly blend to incorporate. With the blender running on low, very slowly drizzle your melted butter in creating a thick and creamy Hollandaise sauce (don’t rush this, yes your arm will probably hurt!). Set aside for serving.
- Cook your chorizo sausage in the skillet, then set aside and fry your eggs in the leftover grease!
- Fill and top your tacos to your heart’s content!