Happy 4th of July weekend!
Today, I am extra happy because there is steak about to be grilled and cocktails for two, because my hubby is finally home! We absolutely love to cook together so on the menu this weekend is perfectly grilled steak (recipe in my cookbook & it does not disappoint), bacon potato salad, grilled veggies, chocolate chip cookies (recipe also in my cookbook, he even knows how to make them, how cute is that?!) and these fun cocktails!
Cucumber Infused St Germain Strawberry Spritzers
Cucumber Infused Vodka
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 2 cup mason jar or other glass jar
- 1 1/2 oz cucumber infused vodka
- 1 oz St Germain Liqueur
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 strawberries, chopped
- 2 handfuls of ice
- splash of sparkling water
- lime wedge + cucumber slices for garnish
- A day before you want to enjoy these cocktails, prepare your infused vodka. Thinly slice a cucumber. Add 1 cup of vodka to a 2 cup mason jar and fill the remaining space with cucumber slices. Tightly secure the lid and place in a cool, dry area for 24 hours. Strain the cucumbers and any remaining seeds and discard.
- To make your cocktails, add vodka, St Germain, lime juice, strawberries and ice to a shaker. Shake for a good 10 seconds to help break down the strawberries.
- Add all ingredients to a cup and top off with a splash of sparkling water. Garnish with extra ice, lime and cucumber as desired.
- Sip and enjoy!