This dish just makes me happy. Maybe because it reminds me of the chicken, rice and green beans that my mom used to make growing up. Maybe because it’s super simple or super colorful. Maybe because it’s comforting and full of flavor. Whatever the case, these grain-free, flavor packed Greek chicken and cauliflower rice bowls with all the toppings are fabulous!
Are you ready for Spring yet? I was in San Diego last week surrounded by the most adorable coffee shops, succulent walls and colorful, flirty tulips! It made me crave the changing of the seasons…yes I do live in paradise here in Hawaii, but there is something magical about spring and the life that comes with it! This dish reminded me of that!
Funny story, my husband actually wanted seconds of the cauliflower rice…yes you know it’s a win when the meat and potatoes man asks for seconds of cauliflower rice! It’s just all about the flavor friends!
Go make this now—be happy and healthy!
Grain Free Greek Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 2 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and legs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
Greek Cauliflower Rice
- I head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Feta cheese, crumbled (omit for dairy free/whole 30)
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Fresh lemon zest
- Warm a large skillet to medium heat. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the pan. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels then coat the chicken pieces with the remaining oil. Sprinkle the salt and garlic evenly on the chicken.
- Sear the chicken, skin side down for 4 minutes then transfer to a roasting pan. Sprinkle with the Super Gyro Seasoning. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the cauliflower rice, by chopping the cauliflower into small florets and running through the food processor to turn into “rice.”
- Using the same skillet you used to cook the chicken, turn the heat down to low and drizzle in the olive oil. Add the riced cauliflower, shallots, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for about 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Plate with a few spoonfuls of the rice, a piece or two of chicken and garnish with arugula, feta cheese, basil and lemon zest.
Shop this Post