So you all know how much I love breakfast foods, and pizza and comfort foods and pretty much any foods topped with a fried egg. Well, this grain-free, gluten-free and actually low-carb pizza combines all that into one magical skillet of amazingly, fabulous flavors. And yes, I just used a million adjectives to describe that but it really is just that darn good, seriously go make some for yourself now!
Funny story—I just ordered a bunless burger with my husband (yay for airport reunions!) and he asked me what one I ordered….”um the one with the fried egg on top!” Yes, really that is how my mind works. I topped this pizza with just one egg to make the photos look pretty, but I highly recommend topping each person’s slice with an egg. You will be happier that way, just trust me!
So, I am heading to Mexico for a long weekend get-a-way with the husband who I haven’t seen in a month so I am so beyond excited! I had to leave the pup at doggy play care, and yes I always get a little teary-eyed, but she gets gourmet treats and nightly sponge baths, yup they take dog care seriously these days!
Anyways, follow along on Instagram if you like guacamole, pretty ocean water and sunsets because that is my plan for the weekend! Speaking of sunshine, did you see my summertime sunshine post and why you should LOVE the sun? I break down why you shouldn’t fear the sun, how to “eat your sunscreen,” and the one and only sunscreen I recommend (btw it seems like an orange creamsicle, so pretty much amazingness!).
Alright, go make this pizza, spend some time out doors, order some sunscreen and be happy friends!
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Fatworks, one of our podcast sponsors! Be sure to listen to the podcast for a special discount code and check out Fatworks for quality, delicious animal cooking fats to add to your kitchen and skillets!
Grain-free Skillet Potato Breakfast Pizza with Prosciutto, Eggs & Truffle Oil
makes 4 pizza wedges | about 10g carbs per serving
- 1 large (or two medium) yukon gold potato, preferably oval in shape
- 2 tbsp pork lard
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz fresh, whole milk mozzarella
- 1 fried egg
- 3 slices prosciutto
- fresh arugula, optional
- drizzle of truffle oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and warm a 10-inch cast iron skillet to medium heat, melting the lard in the pan.
- Using a sharp knife or mandolin, very carefully thinly slice your potatoes into rounds.
- Arrange your potato slices around the skillet creating your “crust,” you will want to slightly layer them on top of each other so that all spots are covered. Cook on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer to the oven and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Remove your potato crust from the oven and sprinkle the salt, rosemary and garlic evenly throughout. Sprinkle your cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until your cheese is golden brown and bubbly to your liking.
- Top with a fried egg, prosciutto slices and fresh arugula (oh and truffle oil if your me!).