Summer diet commence! Meaning all I want to eat is grilled steak and veggies, this all too glamorous and fabulous caprese salad and pistachio ice cream! Raise a hand if your with me?!
Caprese salad is my all time favorite! I quite honestly can’t believe it has been over 4 years since my summer in Europe, I am totally itching to go back! Anyone want to hop on a plane to Italy with me? Ok, Caroline keep on dreaming!
Basic Caprese salad is just tomatoes, mozzarella and basil—but I will tell you first off, the quality of your ingredients is key and second, pile on the toppings like I did! I love adding avocados, green onions, pine nuts, prosciutto (not pictured because I didn’t have any on hand) and lots of salt and pepper!
I wanted to share this with you all just in time for Memorial Day! I am in San Diego actually to spend a long weekend with my husband and couldn’t be more excited!
Some of my other favorite summer eats
- Bacon Jam Burgers
- Lemon Curd Cake with Berries
- Red, White & Blue Tart
- Pistachio Ice Cream
- Balsamic Chicken Kabobs with Strawberry, Basil Salsa
I also am teaching a class in San Diego on Tuesday May 31 at 7pm on using essential oils for blood sugar regulation (something I have found to be so helpful) and would LOVE for you all to join! More info on my Facebook or send me an email for more details!
Loaded Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 8 oz full fat fresh mozzarella (omit for dairy-free)
- 1 avocado
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, heaping full
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice the tomatoes, mozzarella and avocados. Arrange on a serving platter or large plate.
- Thinly slice the green onions and basil and garnish on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.