If you all should know anything about me its that I absolutely love pesto and well anything with garlic and basil. Yes, I know I know it’s like taboo to eat garlic in front of people.
Random fact time with Caroline (can that be a weekly thing I start?!), did you know that Princess Diana forbid her chefs to use garlic in their recipes?! I mean I totally understand why, but oh my that would be hard for me!
You all have been asking for a nut free pesto recipe, and truth be told I tried it with seeds and really didn’t like it, so I came up with this cross between a tapenade and pesto for you all!
It would be a great addition to any charcuterie platter or just with vegetable crudités for an afternoon snack!
(Thank you Go Raw for sponsoring this post, all thoughts and opinions are uniquely my own!)
Artichoke Green Olive & Basil Pesto
A dairy and nut free pesto dip.
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, completely drained of all liquid
- 1 cup green pitted olives, completely drained of all liquid
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor (or use a large bowl and immersion blender).
- Pulse and blend until smooth.
- Serve with vegetable crudités or grain-free crackers.
- Store any remaining pesto in the refrigerator for up to one week.