I just had to end the year out with a little bit of pizza magic! You all know how much I absolutely love pizza I mean my pizza egg skillets are one of my most popular blog posts! So, I wanted to share this healthy version of Paleo pepperoni pizza lollipops with you all for a New Years Eve festive snack. My husband couldn’t stop eating these so I know you will love them too!
But first a little recap of this past year, and what I am looking forward to in the new year!
- I wrote and photographed my debut print cookbook, All American Paleo Table: Classic Homestyle Cooking from a Grain-Free Perspective! I poured my heart and soul into these pages and couldn’t be more proud of something I created!
- Despite having a husband in the Navy, I actually got to live in the same house for an entire year, and that is a first!
- I realized I can’t do it all! I realized it’s ok to ask for help, to admit you are not super-woman. I learned that I need to rely on my husband, my friends and family because they have my back during my most difficult moments.
- I learned to say no.
- I wrote and published Scrumptious & Styled, a complete guide to food photography and styling to better help you! I realized I completely adore food photography and after many people asking how I learned (well I taught myself!), I wrote this guide for YOU!
- I somehow managed to re-watch every last episode of Gilmore Girls over the course of the year.
- I started a podcast, The Nourishing Buzz, with a colleague and now one of my best friends, Holly Marshall!
- I fully embraced my life moto, to “Choose Joy” & it is not always easy, let me tell you! But you can read my entire health journey with type 1 diabetes HERE.
- I was blown away by your endless support and encouragement during a productive and exhausting year. I am so thankful for each and every one of you!
And now a clean slate and big dreaming’ for 2016!
- I am wanting to create a program for diabetics and individuals with blood sugar issues. It would be very inclusive and have everyday application. I get so many questions about how I daily live with Type 1 Diabetes that I can’t answer them all, so I want to provide you with information! Interested?
- We are thinking about having golden retriever puppies! Well, I mean Libby would have the puppies! Someone tell me I am crazy?!
- I am thinking about starting a fashion and lifestyle section of the blog? Think lots of colors and goofy faces! Any takers?
- I want to run a 5k, yes thats a lot for me!
- My husband has a huge promotion coming up this year, and although that has nothing to do with this blog, I am SO proud of him!
- More cooking videos coming to you all on the Colorful Eats YouTube channel!
- I am wanting to head off to the East Coast for a cookbook tour? What cities should I go to?
- Also, wanting to get more into food photography and hopefully photograph for some magazines or other people’s work!
- MORE spontaneity in life and everyday adventures!
What are your goals and dreams this year?! Write them down friends!
Wishing you the happiest of New Years! Thank you for following my journey!
Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Lollipops
makes 40 bite sized appetizers
- 40 cremni mushrooms
- 1 lb Italian sausage, pre-cooked*
- 5 oz pepperoni slices**
- 1 cup pizza sauce (preferably sugar free)
*I recommend sugar-free Italian sausage from US Wellness.
**I recommend using Applegate pepperoni.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. If your sausage is not cooked, pan-sear it in a skillet until completely cooked.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the inner stem.
- Slice the sausage links into 1 inch rounds. Slice the pepperoni into quarters.
- Assemble a mushroom, then a sausage piece then 2-3 quarters of pepperoni slices. Place a toothpick into the middle to hold them together. Place in a baking dish. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Bake for 25 minutes. While the sausages are baking, lightly warm the pizza sauce.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with a teaspoon or so of warmed pizza sauce.
- Plate and serve!