Not going to lie, I love a good cocktail to celebrate the end of the week! Making cocktails is something fun that my husband and I love to do together! To me, it’s about the celebration, about the moment and about making and enjoying something together that makes it so fun.
When it comes to the celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas, I think that fun, festive drinks can bring so much merriment to a gathering. I wanted to provide you all with a fun cocktail recipe that is made entirely with fresh ingredients, as so many drinks are often made with sugary syrups and pre-made mixes!
Depending on if you are making this cocktail for just you and a friend or a party, you can always make up a big batch of the concentrate then top each individual glass with sparkling water, so it really is so versatile!
I would serve these drinks as something light and refreshing with a charcuterie platter or a wintery comfort food dinner. Be sure to check out my complete gluten-free & Paleo Thanksgiving menu or the “Thankful Table” chapter of my cookbook, All American Paleo Table, for plenty of suggestions!
Photography Styling: Blouse | Burgundy Glass Cups | Cocktail Shaker
Pear & Rosemary Cocktails
makes 1 cocktail
- 2 oz pear juice, real & not from concentrate
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- ice, for shaking and for the cup
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, separated
- sparkling mineral water
- several slices fresh pear
- Add a few handfuls of ice to a shaker. Add in the pear juice, vodka and one sprig of rosemary. Shake a few times for about 10-15 seconds.
- Add one handful of ice to your glass.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into a glass and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a few slices of pears and a sprig of rosemary.