I am totally into the spirit of the holidays—it totally helps that I am in Virginia experiencing my first fall in 4 years since living in Hawaii and wearing boots and sweaters, my absolute favorite!
If you haven’t seen my two latest blog posts for this festive season, you should check them all out, or be sure to sign up for my newsletter (which only goes out once a week)!
Alright, let’s talk about these pecans. I made them up as a snack because I love crispy nuts and anything savory with sea salt and rosemary. Apparently I should have tripped the batch, because my sister and toddler of a niece ate them all pretty much instantly! See friends, even the littles in your life can eat healthy!
Sadly most “party mixes” or jars of roasted nuts are filled with bad quality oils and salts, but these are the most simple to make!
Oh and they would be so cute to give as presents as well!
What foods are you looking forward to this holiday season? Leave me a comment because I would love to know!
I am looking forward to…
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from my cookbook
- Sausage Stuffing from my cookbook
- Pomegranate Mimosas
- Peppermint Chocolate Mousse
Roasted Rosemary Sea Salt Pecans
- 1 lb raw pecan halves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and arrange the baking rack to the middle position.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the pecans, olive oil, rosemary and salt.
- Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pecans start to turn brown, watching carefully as nuts can burn easily.
- Cool completely before nibbling.