Do you all remember Nutella?! Well, I remember eating it by the spoonful in high school and college and the other day I randomly started craving it! I seriously wish I could figure out my food cravings, they make absolute no sense.
So I made this Nutella milkshake—more like a hazelnut brownie, salted Nutella milkshake and it was amazing. So amazing I have made 3 more since.
Did you all hear the exciting news?! (If you didn’t, you can see here on Instagram!) Well, it’s official, we are moving to Spain! We could not be more excited, but also this is packing week. So slightly stressful considering all of our things are going to go on a ship around the world for the next 4 months. Hey, I will have my cute puppy and cute husband with me, so that is all that really matters!
Yes, moving stress equals chocolatey goodness in the form of a milkshake!
The great thing about this milkshake is it is completely healthy and full of great fats like hazelnuts and butter and protein like collagen peptides. Seriously, make this in the morning, or the afternoon, or at 10pm and you will be happy!
Salted Nutella Milkshake
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk (for dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup grass-fed collagen peptides
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 handfuls of ice
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs, for garnish
- pinch of sea salt flakes, for garnish
- If you have not removed the skins of your hazelnuts, start there by placing them in an oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Place them in a town and rub the skins off.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with cacao nibs and sea salt.