There still is no avocado emoji! Really people emoji people, whoever and wherever you are?! Time to create one…but in the mean time, I will just be over here eating all the guacomole!
My husband and I spent some time this past May at my families property in Mexico. Let’s just say the appetizer version of their guacamole is bigger than life and they don’t skimp when it comes to large salad bowl sizes of guacamole being delivered to your table. And it is amazing…always a bit on the chunky side which I LOVE!
There are a few “rules” in our house when the husband is home—he eats grain-free just like me when he is home and I am SO thankful for that support system! The house must always be stocked with fresh salsa, guacamole ingredients, sweet potato chips and grain-free chocolate chip cookie ingredients (recipe on page 92 of my cookbook). People often ask me how I “convinced” my husband to eat healthy with me, we always laugh because I never once told him how to eat, I just made really delicious food!
But yes, most afternoons you will find us eating guacamole with sweet potato chips together when he gets home from work and it is sort of a fun tradition to look forward to!
Spiced Coconut Mango Guacamole
- 1 cup unsweetened, thick coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- sweet potato chips, for serving*
*I recommend Jackson’s Coconut Oil Sweet Potato Chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your coconut in an even layer. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper (adjust cayenne pepper depending on your desired spice level). Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Mash the avocados on a plate, leaving some chunks. Stir in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the guacamole in a bowl. Garnish with mango slices and toasted coconut flakes.
- Serve with sweet potato chips.