The perfect warm weather salad, this Spring Strawberry Cobb Salad is rich with color, texture and flavor!
I will totally admit I for sure need to eat more green things in my life. Whenever the hubby goes to the store I always ask him to get something green, and he laughs and says grass-fed steak it is! I just so wish steak and charcuterie was a vegetable, then I would be set!
I have never really been a “side” salad type of girl but absolutely love a hearty meal style salad with endless toppings! Let’s be honest, salad is really all about the toppings.
Our new house here in Spain has just become the happiest place and I can’t wait for the hubby to get home and enjoy it! Little birds chirp outside all day long and our dog finally has a house with a yard and take sun bathing very seriously. It really has been a refreshing few months and I am so thankful for that!
I have been very purposeful lately in slowing down, focusing on doing less things but doing them better and really taking the “noise” out of life. A big part of that for me has been finding beauty in the world around—the smell and color of fresh strawberries from the farmer’s market or the amazing endless blooms in my neighborhood. Spring is the perfect time to truly “stop and smell the roses.”
The strawberries from the farmer’s market have been nothing short of fantastic recently and I absolutely love the fresh produce here. This salad really is a starting point, but feel free to toss in other vegetables you may find at your local market, that’s really the beauty of recipes like this!
The white balsamic vinegar and fresh strawberries give this Cobb salad just the perfect amount of sweetness! I promise you will want to reach for a second serving as I know I did. The most time consuming part of making this is preparing the toppings. So I recommend making extras of those and placing them in individual glass storage containers, that way you can turn this into a few dinners very easily. This is the perfect spring meal to serve with a few appetizers and enjoy with friends al fresco style.
In other exciting news, I am heading to Ireland as I type this and cannot wait to explore!! Follow along on Instagram as I will try to share as much beauty as possible. If anyone has any favorite spots, leave me a comment below!
Spring Strawberry Cobb Salad (Gluten-Free)
serves 4-6 depending on serving size
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 heaping full cup white balsamic vinegar*
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper
*You also can use regular balsamic vinegar but white balsamic gives this a light color, flavor and slight sweetness.
Spring Strawberry Cobb Salad
- 3-4 chicken breasts, depending on size
- 4-6 eggs, soft boiled
- baby lettuce leaves
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- feta cheese crumbles (omit for dairy-free, whole 30)
- pine nuts
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Add the chicken to a shallow dish and add 1/4-1/2 cup vinaigrette to cover the chicken. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- When you are ready to make your salad, prepare your toppings. Place the eggs in a pot and cover with room temperature water. Bring to boil, then cover and remove from the heat for 6 minutes. Peal and discard the shells.
- Warm a skillet or grill to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Add the lettuce, warm chicken, eggs, red onion, radishes, feta and pine nuts to a large bowl. Garnish with dressing, extra basil and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Toss, serve and enjoy!