I pretty much am just the happiest right now—seeing review copies of my cookbook arriving on peoples’ front doors is just a dream too good to be true! I can’t wait for you all to get yours in just a few short days! This cookbook was a labor of love, and each page truly gives you a snapshot at daily life or celebrations gathered around the table. I have been so overwhelmed these past few weeks at the amazing emails and messages I have received in response to me sharing my Type 1 diabetes story. Thank you all for each and every word you have said! So to celebrate, I have a little gift for you all and a scrumptious recipe!
There are a few things that I am super passionate about—one is showing people how fun, simple and tasty a healthy lifestyle can be! So I created a handy, dandy resource for you “The Dinner Party Edition.” Filled with everything from drinks to appetizers, main entrees to desserts plus a complete list of preparations, these recipes will have you and your dinner guests reaching for seconds! There is a complete dinner for each season—spring, summer, fall and winter.
Good news is that if you pre-ordered or pre-order my print cookbook by Oct 5 at midnight, I will send you a coupon code for the Dinner Party Edition ebook as a thank you for your endless support as I seriously am so grateful for each and everyone of you!
So to celebrate, I give you these gluten-free and Paleo-friendly salted maple blondies to make all your cozy fall dreams come true! These seriously are so buttery and delicious and like all my desserts and sweets, they are not overly sweet so you can eat one and still feel fabulous! And they taste great warmed up with extra butter and a cup of coffee for breakfast, not like I am speaking from experience or anything!
I absolutely love sweet and salty desserts and these blondies are made grain free and gluten free with cashews which have a mellow flavor you won’t notice they are made with nuts, so this recipe is perfect for entertaining!
So be sure you pre-order my print cookbook, All American Paleo Table, and check out the Dinner Party Edition so that you an get all these scrumptious recipes! Oh and then go make these blondies now, because I promise you will love them!
Paleo Salted Maple Blondies
These little blondies will have you reaching for seconds and I am sure they will become a staple in your house like mine! With just the perfect amount of sweetness for a treat without being too heavy and the sprinkle of sea salt is the perfect sweet and salty compliment!
Recipe from All American Paleo Table: The Dinner Party Edition
- 3 cups raw cashew pieces*
- 6 tbsp butter, melted or use browned butter ghee for Paleo
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
- *I chose to use raw cashew pieces as they are generally much less expensive than whole cashews.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and arrange the baking rack to the lower position. Generously brush an 8 by 8 baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Add the cashew pieces to the bowl of a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds or until the mixture begins to resemble a clumpy flour like texture.
- Add in the melted butter and blend again for about 30 seconds or until the mixture begins to look like a clumpy nut butter like consistency.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: the maple syrup, eggs, baking soda and vinegar. Blend until completely smooth. Pour into the greased pan.
- Top with a sprinkle of pecan pieces, maple sugar and sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or just until the middle is set, keep in mind that you want these more on the gooey side and they will continue to cook even after removed from the oven.
- Wait 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.